Flooring have come a long way. Whether you are building the home of your dreams and want to add a new floor to it or want to give an existing property a makeover. You should start by replacing its existing, educate yourself on the latest flooring trends in the Sonoma Valley before starting your project.
When you stay on top of flooring trends, you equip yourself with the information you need to make informed buying decisions. To help you get started, we have compiled a list of some popular flooring materials and trends that can affect their demand. Take a look.
Designed to imitate the appearance of solid hardwood, laminate has always been a favorite flooring material of builders, homeowners, and business owners. There are several benefits of laminate. It is easy to maintain, relatively inexpensive, and more durable than many other popular flooring materials.
Top Laminate Flooring Trends For 2022
- The past year saw an exponential increase in the demand for water-resistant and waterproof laminate. The demand for this iteration of laminate will continue to grow in 2022 and beyond.
- Light-wood-look laminate is in due to its ability to make a space look and feel larger
- More homeowners and business owners than ever are opting for wide plank laminate flooring. The greatest advantage of wide plank laminate is that it makes spaces seem roomier
- High variation laminate is slowly but surely gaining popularity among homeowners and business owners. High variation laminate flooring mimics the rustic style of real hardwood
Carpet is available in a wide range of colors and styles. It is known for its ability to add warmth to spaces. When maintained properly, quality carpet flooring can last up to 15 years.
Top Carpet Flooring Trends For 2022
- An increasing number of homeowners are preferring carpet tiles over wall-to-wall carpets. Carpet tiles allow you to experiment with patterns and colors
- Area rugs are expected to trend this year. You can add area rugs to your spaces to make them feel warmer and inviting.
- Bold geometric patterns will become popular this year
- High-pile plush carpets are making a comeback
Engineered hardwood is easy to maintain and an affordable alternative to many pricey and popular flooring options. It comprises man-made materials such as HDF that mimic the look of natural hardwood.
Top Engineered Hardwood Flooring Trends For 2022
- As more people look for colors that make their homes feel roomier and brighter, light colors are gaining popularity
- Homeowners and business owners are opting for the new kid on the block – hand scraped engineered hardwood
- Water-resistant and waterproof engineered wood is starting to gain traction. It mimics the natural look of hardwood and resists water damage
Can’t decide if the flooring you’re considering is right for your home? Let Rugworks help! Our team will help you evaluate the pros and cons of the flooring material to make the right choice for your home. To make an appointment, call (707) 935-0648.