Hardwood floors are probably the classiest flooring styles that can be seen. Such floors impart elegance as well as sophistication to the residence or commercial area. But there is a problem with these floors, about which you have to be careful. And the problem is that of staining. You might not know that water stains are deadly for hardwood floors. While some of the stains are dark, some of them appear to be clear, and some are stubbornly permanent in nature. If you are worried that you can’t get rid of these stains from hardwood flooring, it is time that you stop worrying. There are some very effective ways of getting rid of the most stubborn stains from hardwood floors.
For Light Stains on Hardwood Floors
- Petroleum Jelly–Petroleum jelly works wonders for light stains on hardwood flooring. Take some petroleum jelly and apply the same religiously on the stain and leave it overnight so that it gets ample time to work. Next morning, take a clean cloth and wipe off the jelly. You will notice that the stain also gets lighter and disappears.
- Various Kinds of Pastes–There are different kinds of pastes you can use on hardwood floors to eliminate light stains. Try applying toothpaste on the affected area. You can also make a salt paste by adding few drops of water to salt or baking soda paste by mixing one part baking soda and one part water. Apply these pastes gently on the stain and rub slowly. Once you are done, apply some nail polish on the area.
For Dark Stains on Hardwood Floors
Sometimes, water seeps through the finishing of the hardwood floors, and this leads to the darkening of the actual floor. For removing the stain, it is imperative to get through the finishing layer of the flooring.
- Vinegar–This ingredient is commonly found in almost all households. Vinegar has the ability to remove all the layers of the stain successfully. Soak a rag in vinegar and place the damp rag on the stained area on the floor. Let the rag be there for 5-10 minutes. You might need to repeat the process quite a few times to remove the stain completely or for bigger stains.
- Steel Wool–If you have a good eye and can handle equipment well, this is a great tool for removing dark stains on hardwood floors. You have to rub the stained area very slightly for removing the stain. Also, apply limited pressure to unstained areas that are in close proximity to the stains and blend both the areas well so that it doesn’t look out of place.
- Chlorine Bleach– This option is a bit strong, but very effective at the same time. It is recommended to create a solution, which is one part chlorine bleach and four parts water. Take a clean white cloth and apply the bleach to the stained area and let it remain for about 10 minutes. The floor has to dry completely. Usually, the stain disappears; if not, do the same thing again, but ensure that the solution is properly strengthened.
- Water removal- For over 25 years, Water Removal NYC has been delivering services across New York City. The company’s experts provide residential and business customers with emergency water damage repair services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The next time you have stains on hardwood flooring near me, try these tested methods, and remove the stains completely. Or, simply call us at Rugworks at 707-584-7847 for the Rohnert Park store and 707-935-0648 for the Sonoma store, and we will handle the stains for you and bring your floors to life again.