We all know that the flooring of an area plays a great role in deciding the appearance of the place. This is applicable for residential as well as commercial spaces. Among the different kinds of flooring materials that are popular with people, laminate flooring needs special mention. The most significant advantage of laminate floors is that they resemble the looks and style of hardwood floors, but they are way cheaper and come in wide varieties too. If laminate floors are maintained and cleaned properly, they keep on shining for years. Certain things have to be kept in mind when it comes to maintaining laminate flooring near me. In this article, we will discuss some of the dos and don’ts of laminate flooring:
- Don’t Allow Stains to Settle on the Floor – Spills are not uncommon. But try handling the spills as soon as they happen. Take a clean cloth and wipe the spill immediately before it seeps and gets soaked by the flooring. Liquids can damage laminate floors and so, they should be avoided.
- Read Cleaning Instructions of Laminate Flooring – When you purchase laminate flooring material, you will be given a manual with cleaning instructions by the manufacturer. There are specific recommendations by different brands, and these should be followed diligently to keep your laminate flooring in pristine condition.
- Refrain from Using Excessive Water on Laminate Floors – For laminate flooring, traditional mopping methods are a strict no-no. There are chances that water might seep into the seams of the floor and cause damage like floor bubbling or swelling. Staining or fading of the flooring is bound to happen with too much use of water on such floors.
- Mop Laminate Floors Carefully Once in Every Two Months – For preserving freshness of laminate floors, mop them once in every two months. Use damp mop on the floor as they are gentle. For regular mops, ensure that they are wrung thoroughly so that they are almost dry and then mop the laminate floor.
- Refrain from Using Abrasive Tools – Scratching is a common problem with laminate floors. Therefore, abrasive tools like steel wool or sandpaper must be avoided on these floors. Use a dust mop or a soft-bristle broom for cleaning the floor. Avoid a rotating brush or a beater bar when using a vacuum cleaner, as that might lead to scratches on the surface.
- Trim Nails of Your Pets – This is not a flooring tip directly, but it helps in maintaining laminate flooring. Pets like cats, dogs, and even birds have sharp nails and might scratch the laminate flooring with the nails. Trim the nails of your pets so that damage to the floor can be averted.
- Choose Cleaning Products Specifically Made for Laminate Floors – When you are choosing cleaning products, make sure that you buy products that are specifically made for laminate floors. Using other kinds of products might leave residue or streaks on the floors, and cause damage to the floor as well.
Follow these tips and keep your laminate flooring in the best condition. If you need a flooring professional near you to restore your laminate flooring to its former glory, waste no time, contact Rugworks today at 707-935-0648.